Journals and books are very important writing materials for writers used for different writing purposes. It may be just for jotting down urgent information, for documenting comprehensive information or writing notes for educational purposes. Writers need journals and books for both long-term purposes and short-term use.
For decades and centuries ago, journals and books have been used by a lot of different writers for different writing purposes. Journals and books have been of immerse use before the emergence of computers and till date, they are still being used by a lot of writers both at the junior level and advanced levels.
There are many important benefits of journals and books for writers. We are going to enumerate some of this importance;
1. Writing and Documenting of Information – Journals and books are very important materials which writers use in writing and documenting important information. The information may be for educational purposes, fun purposes, or personal purposes. A writer can use a book to write an article, essay, academic contents, e.t.c. A writer can use a journal to keep personal information, educational contents for college use, and for other useful purposes.
2. Used to Achieve Goals – Journals and books are blueprints to achieving your goals as a writer. The mind cannot keep all information needed for a writer to achieve his or her goals so he needs a blueprint which is either a journal or book to map out his or her strategies in achieving those goals. As a writer, your goal might be to write an award-winning novel, a journal or a book is a place to map-out your blueprint before the final work is actualized.
3. Increases Thinking Abilities – As a writer, journals and books increase the thinking abilities. It enables the conscious use of the mind to create important and meaningful events that will then be pinned down in a journal or notebook. Writers are meant to be good thinkers with great imaginative skills to create unique stories that will be of interest and beneficial to readers. When thinking abilities increases, the mind is renewed and new information are birthed.
4. Boost Memory and Comprehension – Writing increases comprehension skills and boosts the ability to remember things. Letters are formed by thoughts from the memory and the combination of letters produces meaningful words. Without writing, there will be no comprehension and without journals or books, there will be no writing. This is to say that journals and books give rise to comprehension and memory boost.
5. Improves Communication Skills – Writing is a form of non-verbal communication. Most writers are very good communicators. Their knowledge and experience come from years of writing. The ability for a writer to communicate effectively to him or herself is very vital and the ability to also communicate to the general public through writing is even more important. The better a writer is with writing, the better he or she will be in verbal communication.
6. It Boosts Self-confidence – Writers are known to be very confident and this is because of their contributions towards the knowledge of other people. When a writer writes an article, school journal, novels, or any other document, hundred’s, thousands, or millions of people are going to read those written materials which will add value and increase the knowledge of the people that have read them. Knowing that what you wrote have been utilized by a lot of people increases self-confidence. Also, the conscious knowledge that you know what you know also the boost self-confidence in a writer.
7. It increases Creativity – Writing is a powerful tool used to communicate with a lot of people and the ability to produce creative write-ups can be achieved through the use of journals and books. As a writer, when you are in the process of writing, there are different imaginative thoughts coming through the mind. Some thoughts are more powerful than the other. With a very good imaginative thought, you can create write-ups that are of immense value to the general public or a particular reader reading what you have written.
8. Increases Self-Discipline – Writers are known to be one of the most disciplined professionals because of the nature of their job. As a writer, you need to sit in one position for a long period of time, you need a very quiet environment so you can think well and produce good materials. When writing on journals and books, you write in one spot and you need a quiet place especially if you are writing articles, novels, and other important materials.
9. It Increases Level of Intelligence – As a writer, you are always in search of the newest most important information so you can be up-to-date with whatever information you are giving out to your readers. The more research that a writer does, the more intelligent that writer will become because you know what other writers may not know. Before you write anything in a journal or a book for other people to read, you need to first be sure and reassured that the information you are giving out through your writing is the best up-to-date information.
10. Creates Solutions to Problems – Most writers, particularly the academic writers who write journals for college students create solutions to problems. Most students consult with journals written by writers to find solutions to assignments and projects given to them by their lecturers. Through the use of journals and books, students can have access to different information that provides answers to their questions.
Writing is one of the oldest profession, many renowned writers have used journals and books to make a mark in the world today. Without journals and books, there would’ve been no means to keep information safe for a long period of time. Journals and books have been used to keep important information, both personal and contemporary for a very long period of time. For a writer, journals and books are the most important writing materials to have because without a journal or a book a writer has no better means of writing down information.